So this summer completely sped by, and this week is doing the same. My flight is Saturday! AAAAHHHH! At this point, I feel pretty certain that I’m as prepared as I can be. I haven’t given my flight-day outfit much thought (some friends may argue I don’t give most days’ outfits much thought…), but I do know it will have to be comfortable–the flight from LAX to Sydney alone is 15 hours. I’ve heard that if you dress like you belong in first class, you might be lucky enough to actually get a seat there, but who would be comfortable for that length of time wearing something dressy? Not me.
I do know of at least a few things I will be sporting during my travel time:
- Jeans. Duh. Comfort achieved.
- A watch. Even though I will be traversing way too many time zones, I want to at least know what time it is somewhere on earth without whipping out my phone every five minutes.
- Earplugs. They provide absolutely no guarantee of sleep on a plane, but I like to think that they give me a better chance of it. Also useful if there are small children nearby.
- Comfy slip-on flats. I’ll need to wear slip-ons at least through the security line, and if I ever feel like my feet need a break from wearing shoes while on the plane, I can just take them off for a bit.
- A bracelet my mom gave me when I turned 21, bearing this Henry David Thoreau quote: “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” (I’m pretty sure when Mom gave me this, me moving to Australia was not what she had in mind.)
Any ideas or suggestions?